People with dementia often live in a silent world. Yet music can enliven and stimulate and bring people back into the here and now. The ability to connect to music is an innate aspect of being human; having a diagnosis of dementia need not undermine this. Together, we can make care for people living with dementia better and more meaningful. United in the understanding that music can enhance quality of life, we can be much more than the sum of our parts.
What we would like you to do is tell as many of your family and friends about our campaign and in turn ask them to tell their friends.
- Click here to become a member of our Taskforce and we will keep you up-to-date with the campaign.
- Spread the word about music for dementia via your social media networks
- Follow us on social media
- Send our website link round to your friends and colleagues – www.musicfordementia.org.uk
- Ask your nearest care home what music provisions they have for people living with dementia and point them to our site
- Ask your local MP to include music for dementia on their social prescribing agenda
Tell everyone and anyone you know that music is a necessity for people living with dementia and sing it from the roof tops!