We are committed to providing you with a website that is accessible to the widest possible audiences.
Using the Site
We have aimed to create a site that is available to everyone
- We aim to use a web font so all text is easy to read.
- We ensure that navigation through our websites works in a consistent way.
- We do not rely on just colour as the only way of giving information.
- We avoid the use of images of text wherever possible, and provide equivalent text links that consist of images.
Here are a few helpful ways in which you can start using the website more easily.
To enlarge text and images on the site
On a PC:
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘+’ to enlarge.
- Hold down the ‘Ctrl’ key and press ‘-‘ to reduce.
- To reset hold down ‘Ctrl’ and press ‘0’.
- On an Apple Macintosh computer hold the ‘Cmd’ (Apple) key instead of ‘Ctrl’.
Browser accessibility options
Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen colour options:
The BBC also has information on how to customise your computer, and your browser, to make them more accessible in their ‘My web my way’ section
- Internet Explorer accessibility options.
- Google Chrome accessibility options, under the Chrome Browser Resources section.
- Mozilla Firefox accessibilty options.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the site, or have any comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.Kindly go to the settings page and check the option "Place them manually"