Determined to continue to support and connect with people living in care homes and the hard-working and dedicated teams that look after them, Live Music Now musicians and staff have created the Live Music Now at Home video library. This free online resource contains many pre-recorded live music videos featuring some of the most talented early career musicians in the UK.
The range of musical genres covers folk, jazz, popular, western classical, traditional and more. Many include familiar songs and tunes, and there are new musical discoveries too.
Prior to lockdown, Live Music Now musicians reached over 20,000 people in around 250 residential care homes across the country each year. The new videos come with guidance notes to help care homes make the most of the concerts.
In developing the programme, Live Music Now surveyed care homes they work with regularly through Live Music in Care residencies, to find out what they wanted and could manage, and how reliable their online connectivity was.
The Live Music Now at Home offer also includes:
- Interactive online residencies with care homes like this one here, with LMN musicians facilitating participatory music making with people living and working in care;
- Bespoke concerts for care homes for special occasions (holidays, birthdays);
- DVDs for care homes who aren’t able to access the online video library page;
- Short films that share techniques for making music to help care teams develop their skills and confidence in that like this one here; and
- Arranging, where musicians are local, outdoor/courtyard live music concerts like this one at the Leeds Recovery Hub.