Terms and Conditions - Music for Dementia
Part 1 – Website Terms and Disclaimer
- The Music for Dementia website is supported and edited by the Utley Foundation (“we” and “us”). The Utley Foundation is a charitable trust registered in England and Wales – Registered Charity Number: 1157399.
- The Utley Foundation is a private family charitable trust, established in 2014. We exist to advance social causes close to the heart of the trustees, and to act as a catalyst for greater funding and wider action for the causes we support. We do not accept unsolicited applications for funding.
- By accessing this website you consent to the following terms and conditions of use. This website means both www.musicfordementia.org.uk and https://mfd2020.co.uk
Accuracy of Information
- The Utley Foundation strives to ensure that the information provided on its official website and the Music for Dementia website is accurate at the time of publication, timely, unbiased and useful. However, the information contained on the website is provided for information only, on an “as is” basis and should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice.
- The information provided on this site is for the benefit of people with dementia, carers, health and social care professionals and others with an interest in music and dementia.
- The Utley Foundation believes in the free dissemination of information as far as possible. However, proper credit and citations to The Utley Foundation and the Music for Dementia campaign should be included wherever the information appears. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without our prior authorisation.
- We are not responsible for errors or omission in the information provided, or any actions resulting from the use of such information and make no warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied in relation to this information. Use of the information provided on this website is entirely voluntary. We may make changes to the contents of this website at any time without notice.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. Those using the website do so at their own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any reliance placed on information found on this website.
Website Content and Personal Data
- Using any of The Utley Foundation or Music for Dementia registered logos, graphics or photographs without our prior consent is strictly prohibited. Documents (including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons) on this site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose. Should we receive any complaint with regard to third party material on this website, we will review the matter and remove material at our sole discretion. We will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
- Many of the images provided on this website have been kindly donated by the Alzheimer’s Support, Live Music Now and The Together Project. These images clearly show the power of music when dealing with dementia and they are not to be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose.
- If you wish to request permission to reuse content from any or part of the Music for Dementia publications or website in any media, please contact us email@example.com
- Any communication or material that you transmit to or post on this site, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- We do not edit or monitor the content of any discussion or posts made on this website by third parties. We are not the publisher of such discussions / posts. However, we may remove any discussions / posts from the website at our discretion at any time.
Third Party Links and Services
- Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites and resources owned and operated by third parties (including but not limited to via the Musical Map for Dementia). These links to other sites and resources provided by third parties are provided for information only. We have no control over the content of those websites or resources and make no representations about and do not accept any liability or responsibility in relation to them or for any loss or damage arising from your use of them. You should read the terms and conditions of those websites and you are responsible for determining the safety and content validity of any third party website.
- Any information, offer or service offered by a third party on our website, or on any site to which our website is linked, is that of the provider and is not ours. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of such information, offer or service and we do not screen listed providers.
- If you elect to enter into a contract, purchase products or services or make use of a third-party website in any way even if directed from our website to them, this is a matter between you and the third party provider. We shall have no liability for the quality of the products or services provided by a third party who we may mention on our website or to whom our website is linked.
- We also do not guarantee that websites which are linked with our website are free from viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer programmes. Any concerns you may have concerning any external third-party link should be directed to that site’s website administrator.
Musical Map for Dementia Contributors
- If you register your events and services for inclusion on our Musical Map for Dementia, we will retain your details and publish your contact details and service information via our publicly available websites: musicalmap.co.uk; https://mfd2020.co.uk; and musicfordementia2020. This data will be stored on the websites and password protected computers.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should not take any action which may corrupt, damage or impair the availability, accessibility and performance of our website. You should not use our website in any way which is illegal, unlawful, fraudulent, harmful, libellous or threatening.
- We may take legal action if we discover any unauthorised use or misappropriation, misuse or infringement of our content, website functionality, look and feel of the website or taking any action to impair the good-will of our trade names, trademarks or other intellectual property.
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
- Knowingly introducing computer viruses, spyware, Trojan horse, key stroke logger, worms, logic bombs, rootkit or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Using data collected from our website for any unsolicited advertising, direct marketing or phishing activity of whatever nature.
Acceptance of Terms and Governing Law
- Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this website must be terminated immediately.
- These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. By accessing the website you agree to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any dispute that may arise in connection with these terms or your use of the website.